爱在华师大

找回密码
 注册账号
查看: 4189|回复: 2

Presentation About Marriage

[复制链接]
发表于 2011-7-31 20:53:14 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
I am honored to deliver the presentation called love and marriage as the end of this semester’s reading course.

Undoubtedly, most of you must have thought about the possibility to meet with your Mr. or Mrs. Right before you step into the university. Frankly speaking, we long for truelove no matter how difficult it will be on our life journey to find someone. Last semester, I read Pride and Prejudice. Coincidently, when I received the recommended books list from our teacher this semester, Mr. Chen, I found Jane Austin’s sense and sensibility on the top of the list. So I also read about it. Now I just want to analyze marriage from what I have already knew about.

Not all lovers can change into the person who can hand your hands, vow in church. But a perfect marriage must come from the person you love and love you. The novel, pride and prejudice, follows the main character Elizabeth Bennet as she deals with issues of manners, upbringing, morality, education and marriage in the society of the landed gentry of early 19th century England.

Compared to love, marriage means more responsibility. You are no longer a child in your family; I mean you and your parents. Just like you are no longer the passenger in a bus, you change your role in your life and become a driver, carrying the person you love enjoy your journey. Love yourself and the person you love, you are no longer only belong to you. Therefore, you will take more responsibility for your family and you.

Maybe some of you may say, marriage is a thousand way from us. But it needs you to reflect and definite the meaning of marriage.You need a person to share your happiness and half sorrow. You need a person to witness miracles in your life or go through the storms. Of course, while your friends can help you to some extent, they cannot replace the person. Friends are just friends, and someday they will also find their companies. Then what they mostly care about is just theirs. When you come back to home, imagine, what do you expect to see? Some delicious dishes and someone waiting for you or a lifeless home and just some junk food? You need someone to comfort your tired heart and relieve your pressure from your career. Undoubtedly, you can take a walk after dinner, chatting and laughing. Your parents will reach their destination of life and leave you alone if you do not find the person. That is to say, if you remain single to reach your destination of life, how can it be called a success? Not only lose the chance to see another superb view of your life, you also miss an opportunity to show your life in another way.

So try your best to find someone in your life journey that will always stay by your side and always be with you in your life. Burrowing her head into your shoulder, she enjoys seeing the glorious beams of the sunset with you at beach when you get older. Quote the sentences, “Marriage is a fortress under siege, those who are outside want to get in, those in want come out. No matter it is marriage or love, most of the wishes in life are like this.” from Mr. Ch'ien Chung-shu' Fortress Besieged as today’s end of my presentation. Wish all of you good luck to find someone on your life journey.

Thank you!
 楼主| 发表于 2011-8-16 11:12:16 | 显示全部楼层
严才姨 发表于 2011-8-16 01:44
**** 作者被禁止或删除 内容自动屏蔽 ****

什么情况啊
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册账号

本版积分规则

小黑屋|爱在华师大 ( 曾经也有备案 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-19 21:08

广告与合作请【联系我们】

© 2007-2024 iecnu.com

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表